The Georgia Sentinel Landscape Prescribed Fire Initiative is focused on helping landowners utilize prescribed fire as a land management tool to manage and maintain healthy forestlands.
- Applicant must be the legal landowner;
- Only private forestlands are eligible for funding;
- Property must be located within a target county of the Georgia Sentinel Landscape (see map)
- Landowner must be able to implement a prescribed burn or hire someone who can.
- Must prescribed burn a minimum of 25 acres;
- Applications are accepted year-round;
- Practice cost-share rates:
- $15/acre for prescribed burning
- $0.15/ft for firebreaks
- Available for the 2021 spring/summer burn season;
- No duplicative funding for these practices;
- Prescribed burning must be conducted legally by securing a burn permit and following all local ordinances;
- Landowner must allow Georgia Sentinel Landscape Pilot Project Coordinator access to the burn unit for application ranking criteria verification, prescribed burn progress, and mapping;
- Funded landowners must have the practices completed by September 30, 2021;
- To apply, please contact Susan French, Georgia Sentinel Landscape Pilot Project Coordinator, at (813) 391-4476 or email@example.com.