GFC is partnering with the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF), Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Southern Company, American Forest Foundation (AFF) and the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to implement a landscape level project in 19 counties in southern Georgia. Eligible counties include Appling, Bryan, Camden, Chatham, Decatur, Evans, Glynn, Grady, Liberty, Long, Macon, Marion, McIntosh, Mitchell, Talbot, Tattnall, Taylor, Toombs and Wayne. For more information, please contact Chris Howell at email@example.com.
- Prescribed burning
- Groundcover restoration
- Herbicide application
- Forestry mowing
- Forestry mulching
- Bottomland hardwood enhancement
- Thinning – habitat improvement
- Applicant must be the legal landowner;
- Practice must be conducted on forested land;
- Applicants must be a private landowner owning property in one of the 19 counties listed above.