Of 445,000 landowners and greenspace managers who steward Georgia’s 24 million acres of forestland, 75% own parcels that measure under ten acres. GFC’s Small Parcel Woodland Management Planning program helps this group maximize the benefits of their woodlands.
Is Georgia’s Small Landowner Program Right for You?
Georgia is home to more than 24 million acres of forestland, and today’s forests are more abundant than at any time since the 1800’s. These forests provide critical benefits for us all – from wood products and water quality improvement, to storm water mitigation, recreation and wildlife habitat. This rich and renewable resource is owned by more than 445,000 forest landowners, 75% of whom own fewer than 10 acres. If you’re one of these landowners, our Small Landowner online program can help you get the most out of your forest land.
Designed for both Communities and Individual Landowners
Whether you are the manager of a community park, multiple acres, or just your own back yard, GFC wants to help you understand, manage, and maximize the values and benefits your woodlands provide. That’s why we created the online “Small Landowner Program.” The online program:
- supplies educational materials, web links, technical guidelines and activities to help users identify goals and create a plan to meet them
- gives information about forest conservation and recognition
- helps landowners and community green space managers develop activities to make their woodlands more sustainable
- includes information about recognition for the Backyard Habitat and Georgia Conservation Woodlands programs
- provides directions for identifying and managing for specific, sustainable outcomes
How do I get started?
- Visit the program portal. If you are a new user you will be asked to create an an account
- Click on link “New User? Sign up here.”
- Complete form and press submit
- Log in to access the program
If you are already a user, simply enter you login information to access the program.Go to Small Land Owner Program Portal