Georgia offers unparalleled wood resources, processing industries, market access and an extensive network of support services.
Our numbers speak for themselves.
- $35.9 billion – total impact of the forest industry on Georgia in 2017
- $970 million in tax revenue generated
- 53,933 forest industry jobs
- 207 primary wood product manufacturing facilities in Georgia
- 1100 secondary mills that further convert wood products into doors, furniture, paper products and other goods
- 7 straight years of positive job growth
- #1 in US exports of wood pellets to the world
Georgia is home to:
- more plantation acres, total timberland acreage and privately-owned timberland acreage than any other state in the US
- is home to the largest hardwood sawmill in the US and the largest recycled paper mill in North America