Project Learning Tree advances environmental literacy and promotes stewardship through excellence in environmental education, professional development, and curriculum resources that use trees and forests as windows on the world.
Project Learning Tree is committed to creating a future where the next generation values the natural world and has the knowledge and skills necessary to make informed decisions and take responsible actions to sustain forests and the broader environment.
- Provide students with the awareness, appreciation, skills and commitment to address environmental issues.
- Enable students to apply scientific processes and higher order thinking skills to resolve environmental problems.
- Help students acquire an appreciation for and tolerance of diverse viewpoints on environmental issues and develop attitudes and actions based on analysis and evaluation of the available information.
- Encourage creativity, originality, and flexibility to resolve environmental problems and issues.
- Inspire and empower students to become responsible, productive, and participatory members of society.