Landowners have diverse goals for their forested land. Some dream of creating thriving wildlife habitats. Others want to sell timber or use their land for recreation. Whatever your goals are, a forest management plan will help you keep your forested land productive, healthy and sustainable.
There are many reasons why it is helpful to have a forest management plan for your property.
Primarily, a forest management plan helps you:
- Understand and organize the resources on your property.
- Consider what you might do on your property to improve its condition.
- Save time and money, and avoid costly mistakes that may not be correctable.
- Organize your business records and keep track of activities on your property.
- Communicate with others who use the property or who may be caring for it in the future.
Creating a forest management plan is free, and GFC can help.
GFC’s 40+ field foresters help landowners develop custom management plans at no charge. Our foresters:
- provide general advice on all forest management topics, like timber harvesting, forest health and reforestation
- provide help with prescribed burning (including burn plan development)
- give direction on implementing Best Management Practices for forestry activities
- provide a detailed management plan, known as a Forest Stewardship Plan
Ready to build your roadmap to success?
Start here. After you complete this form, GFC’s forest management team will contact you to get the ball rolling.