One Tree Planted is providing funding to assist private landowners in North Georgia (Regions 1 & 2) with reforestation expenses. The funds will be used to reimburse approved landowners $100/acre on eligible reforestation practices.
The signup period will end on August 6, 2021. To apply, complete a “One Tree Planted – Reforestation Program” application and return to the local GFC Forester. The application must be signed by the landowner. The list of applicants will be compiled and approvals will be announced by August 12, 2021.
A GFC forester will visit the sites of all approved applicants and develop a tree planting plan for the acreage involved. The plan will quantify acreage and address site preparation and planting specifications. The applicant must agree to follow the plan to be eligible for cost-share reimbursement.
A GFC Forester will visit the site after planting to ensure the reforestation plan was followed. In the case that the plan was not followed or the designated area was not planted, the landowner will be required to correct substandard practices or the contract will be terminated.
· Participants must own a minimum of ten (10) acres of land either currently growing or suitable for growing trees
· The planting area must be a minimum of 2 acres for hardwood plantings and a minimum of 10 acres for pine plantings
· There is a payment limitation of $2,000 per landowner
· The tree species selected should be commercial, native and match the site
· Site must be ready for planting during the 2021-2022 planting season