The FY23 WCG Rx Fire Initiative is funded again this year by National Fish and Wildlife Grants, GDNR’s Bobwhite Quail Initiative, Landscape Scale Restoration Grants, Longleaf Alliance, and The Georgia Sentinel Landscape pilot project to impact between 4,500 and 18,000 acres in the West Central Georgia area in FY23.
- FY23 Applications will be accepted between 11/1/2022 – 12/30/2022.
- We anticipate the initiative will pay $15.00 per acre (max 150 acres) for approved privately owned forested land.
- The eligible counties include Chattahoochee, Harris, Macon, Marion, Muscogee, Schley, Talbot, and Taylor. Pending grant approval Dooly, Stewart, Sumter, and Webster Counties could be eligible. This initiative focuses on increasing bobwhite quail and gopher tortoise habitats.
- Click this link to view the FY23 flyer on Applicant’s Information Guidelines.
- Click here if you would like to complete an application.